Saturday, May 31, 2014

BFMH: Egg in an Avocado with Carnitas Hash

This week's BFMH is one that Husband requested a few months back, but I kept putting it off due to the astronomical cost of avocados lately. I finally gave up this week and just brought one.

Egg in an Avocado
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Place each avocado half in a ramekin. Crack 1 egg into each avocado half; season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven until entire egg is cooked through, about 15 minutes. (Sprinkle with bacon if you want.)

Carnitas Hash as a side dish:
Ingredients
Potato - diced
Onion and Bell Peppers - diced
Olive Oil
Method
Saute everything together and season with salt and pepper.



I made my hash the day ahead with a different dish and then put it below the avocado while it was baking to heat it again.

Make more space next time!

No where in any of the Pins that I had for this recipe did I see something that said to scoop out a bit of the avocado...I would suggest that as most of the white ended up in the Hash below. It is merely an aesthetic concern as the flavors were all still present and excellent.

Not super pretty, but pretty yummy.

Husband and I both enjoyed our breakfasts and I think that if the price of avocados comes down, it will be made again. Try it out sometime y'all, just make room for the whole egg. With the scrapped out avocado, make a small side of my Guacamole!  

No comments:

Post a Comment