Friday, May 9, 2014

People close to me called me "Curry in a Hurry."

I was craving the delights of India and didn't feel like going out and spending $15 a plate.
As per usual, I decided to make it myself!

Slap it together From Trader Joe's Curry
Ingredients
4 chicken drumsticks cooked separately (Leave out and double vegetables for Vegetarian or Vegan version)
1 cup brown Basmati Rice
2 tablespoon of Olive oil
2 sweet potatoes, sliced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 package or frozen stir fry veggies
1 bottle Curry simmering sauce (use a vegan friendly version if desired)
Method
I cooked up the drumsticks first in a large saute pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Started the rice after the the drumstick are cool enough to hand and strip the meat from the bones.
In the same pan as the chicken was cooked in, soften the sweet potato and onion.
When softened, add the frozen vegetables and when those are ready top with curry simmering sauce and chicken.
Allow to simmer for 5 minutes and infuse the flavors.
Spoon over rice and chow down.


I was very happy with the results.

The best part is that it will reheat incredibly well, was super soupy, and it was yummy.

Until the next meal...



**Today's title comes from Ann Curry: People close to me called me "Curry in a Hurry." I was moving through life at 100 miles an hour trying to further my career and be a great mom and make everyone happy.**

No comments:

Post a Comment