Friday, May 23, 2014

It's Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down On Friday!

Today's post is not about cooking.

It isn't about crafting.

It isn't pertaining to fitness.

It is about MENTAL health because:


Oh sweet baby Jesus we have made it to a most:



and all I can think is:



as we are now:


Now if only this were true:


For those of you, the faceless interweb readers, who know me/have read most of my posts, you know that my to do list NEVER LOOKS LIKE THE ABOVE PICTURE.

Believe it or not, that really is okay with me. I am not sure where is comes from, but I am a naturally busy person. I like having projects and adventures that require planning.

Counter to popular belief, I can in fact relax and have a leisurely day from time to time but normally during a regular weekend it it would be half a day while with this WONDERFUL gift that is a 3 day weekend I take a full day.

This weekend I need to work on the following:
1) Complete my Jessica Rabbit art piece as it has been hanging out too long, but it was Husband's Valentine's day present...
2) Update my Recipe Book  as I am behind on adding new recipes that I want to keep from the blog.
3) Update My Adventure Book with photos and adventures
4) Start working on putting together a Home Inventory, not only for an In Case Of An Emergency situation, but also for our impending move across the country. It will hopefully be helpful for pack and insurance purposes.
5) Make a loaf of bread for my 31 by 31 list
AND
6) Most importantly: Husband's Paper Gift for our first Anniversary

Now to clarify, I CAN not do things.  Ask Husband how I behave in Michigan or Hawaii and you will hear of the great picture of relaxation and doing nothingness. But if I am at home, I find that difficult to do for a WHOLE weekend.

In other news, Broder has the bestest Pug in the world. Otis is my "nephdog" and he is just about the sweetest, well behaved pug I have ever met. during the summer time, I find that is when I miss hanging out with Broder and Otis, I know it is because of the summer weekends in Cape Girardeau with the two of them in the house that was once our grandparents.
I found this comic and it made me a little Otis sick.

strip for April / 18 / 2014 - How To Build Your Own Pug

Another one caught my eye so i figured I would post it as well...

strip for February / 10 / 2014 - Can you see the wisdom in your dog's eyes?

I love Sheldon Comics. I have bought a book from the artist every year at Comic-Con and he is just about the nicest guy I have ever encountered behind a con booth.

Until breakfast tomorrow, I'm out....


**Today's title needs no explanation**

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way with the to-do list thing. But not this weekend. If I don't have to do it to keep living, I'm not doing it.

    ReplyDelete