Saturday, May 17, 2014

BFMH: Breakfast Tart

Today's breakfast was a bit of a change up. I usually wouldn't consider this cooking as in my mind it is simply constructing, but I was very happy my fresh and easy make ahead breakfast as the weather has been outrageously hot for May.

Breakfast Berry Tart
Ingredients:
1 prebaked tart crust
1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup of honey
1 cup frozen berries, thawed if you will be eating immediately after constructing
1/2 cup of granola
Method:
Mix together the honey and yogurts then spread it into the tart crust.
Dot with berries in a delightful pattern if you'd like, or just spread them evenly.
Sprinkle granola over the top of the berries and yogurt.
Refrigerate if you won't be eating it immediately.
If you will be, put tart in the freezer for 5 minutes to set the yogurt before cutting in.
Enjoy!




As you  might be able to tell, I accidentally put the berries in before the yogurt, but I was hungry so I just went with it. This breakfast was light and fresh, not sugared to death or so heavy you didn't want to do anything else the rest of the day. This will certainly be a breakfast I will make in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment