Saturday, May 10, 2014

BFMH: Chilequiles

I tried out something with out a recipe today.....
and while I thought I had ruined it and that it would be horrible, Husband assured me that they turned out just fine!

I have enjoyed this breakfast only once before at a restaurant and had seen it once on the Food next work. 
I cut up some tortillas and toasted them as I didn't have quite enough in the way of chips to make a meal for 2 people. After toasting the tortilla and the chips in a hot pan I lowered the heat and added the salsa to allow it to reduce nicely. I then added 2 eggs, stirring constantly. This was about the time that I decided that I had ruined it and that it would be inedible. Mainly because it looked like throw up. I threw in some pepper jack cheese because, normally, cheese makes everything taste better in our home.

Husband came out from his morning shower to my lamentations of failure and he said it looked like any other batch of Chilequiles he had ever had.

So I served it up and got out the hot sauce, though I did put some water on the boil just in case he decided he would want oatmeal instead. We said grace and took a bite and it tasted....great? How is that possible? It looks like road kill. Nevertheless, it tasted super. 

I look forward to making this again with an actual recipe and instructions and not my minds eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment