Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Being so closely related to the south...

So Husband wasn't sure if he would be hungry when he got home. I decided to be preemptive and use up some BBQ Pork that we had recently defrosted from ye olde ice box. Some really great pins came my way when I searched BBQ Pork uses. I figured I would just make up several different options A) depending on hunger level of Husband and B) cuz I wanted to!

First off, there was one pin for Jalapenos stuffed with BBQ and cheese.....um... yes please! I bought a few Jalapenos and whipped of those quick as a whip, grilling them on my George Foreman.



Then I got makings for a caramelized onion with BBQ pork grilled cheese sandwich for myself, if not for Husband's taste buds. (Unfortunately, this didn't get made as I used 2 boxes of jiffy, hence 12 and not just 8 muffins) Grilled cheeses for me this week. :)

Finally, I thought of something that I knew Husband Like and that were probably the right size for a only possibly hungry Life Partner: BBQ Muffin Cups!

One idea is a lot like something a friend from college use to make, but I decided that since I had a box of cornbread mix to roll with that instead of fridge biscuits. Thus I found "Kernel Porkers" (not my name, but AMAZING name)!

Kernel Porker
Ingredients
1 cup BBQ Pulled Pork
1 box (8.5-ounce) Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack, or cheddar cheese
non-stick vegetable oil spray
8 paper baking cups
Method
Mix together Jiffy, egg, milk, and 1/4 cup of cheese.
Spray the baking cups with cooking srapy for easy removal of yums.
Fill the 8 cups with 1/2 of the batter (about 3/4 of the way up).
Top each muffin with BBQ Pulled Pork then top with remainder of the batter and cheese.
Put into a 400 degree for 20 minutes!



This evening's dinner was what I would call a "snack dinner". We weren't terribly hungry so this work out perfectly.


Husband was very excited about everything we made and I was very happy with the outcome. WIN.

Until the next meal...


**Today's title comes from Bobby Seale: Being so closely related to the south, barbecue was part of segregation and helped defeat it.**

1 comment:

  1. I love snack time for dinner. But that's probably just because I love snacks.

    ReplyDelete