Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Answer me this! #6, but only my third.

My piggy back post from Liz:

1. What’s the scariest thing that’s ever been in your yard?

Yesterday, when we were headed back up to our apartment (which is behind a house), there was what looked like one of the typical lizards hanging out.


Until I noticed we was a good deal longer that a typical lizard and his body was girthier so he ended up looking (and moving) much more like a snake than a lizard. Not really scary, just unexpected. 





It reminded me of Joanna a little bit from Disney's Rescuers Down Under.

Not to be confused with Johanna from Sweeney Todd

2. Beards. Thumbs up or thumbs down?
Courtesy of Liz's blog...?

Depends. I like facial quite a bit if it looks right on the person's face. Husband, can't grow much facial hair, but he looks rather handsome (albeit baby faced) clean shaven. My father can grow facial hair, but it looks hideous on him in my opinion. While I have several friends, i.e. Scotty B, who look so very handsome with some sort of facial hair. So my final answer is, it is on a face by face consideration.

3. If stuff breaks, can you fix it?
I would say yes. While my father is not the most mechanically inclined fellow I know, my mother was decent and her father was very at taking things apart and putting them back together. I inherited a bit of that and the things I can't do, Husband can (especially electronic based). So I figure that we are set for the most part. Except for cars. FORTUNATELY, we have an excellent mechanic here in SoCal whom we trust so we are doing alright.

4. What was your first car?
I have had several due to different restrictions. First car I called mine was a 1994 Blue Honda Civic Hatchback which my Broder and I learned to drive stick on while we were 15.
We only ever drove it in the parking lot of my elementary school on Saturdays.

Prompltly before our 16th birthday however, Poppa Bear traded it in along with the his car for his dream car (a blood red Lincoln LS) and then soon after got a 1998 Dodge Durango
It was much like this...
Broder and I shared it much through High School (we turned 16 during Freshman year unlike most of our classmates). After proving to Poppa Bear through our grades that we could handle our grades and be driving a car, we each received a car, granted still in our Father's name, that we could use as long as we kept our grades Bs and higher. I chose to inherit the car we had at our vacation home in California, a 1998 White Chrysler Sebring Convertible with Black Interior and Top.

"The Whale"
I named him "The Whale" for the white convertible that is mentioned in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
While I no longer drive him, he is still in the family, comfortably retired at my father's home in Texas. I get to visit him ever couple of years.


5. How often do you eat out?
Totally depends. We are pretty smart about it and attempt to share food when we go out as often times the portion size is ridiculous. We really only choose to go out once a week. As we do go to Disney pretty often, we bring pack lunches and will share a snack at most if we can help it and then eat more food when we arrive home after our day of fun.


6. Why is your hair like that?
Cuz I decided Kids with Cancer needed it more than I did. Also, while I am a generous person, I am very selfish with my time and am a bit vain. so I decided to try to snap myself out of that trend by giving to charity something I take for granted.


What I Wore Sunday:
After Church, we were at Disney (I know, we are there ALL the time, I promise July and the 2 months of black out will come along soon enough) and as DJ's birthday was being celebrated we had her choose our theme. She chose for us to Disney Bound as Toy Story Characters:



I am a Little Green Alien, Husband is Buzz Light Year, DJ is Woody and Best Friend is Bo Peep!


No comments:

Post a Comment