Monday, June 2, 2014

A most happy anniversary to Husband and me!

So here we are! A full year in! A year ago at this time, brunch would have been over, the presents and cards opened, and bellies full to the brim. Yet:  Husband, Broder, BroBro, Thing 1, Best Friend, her Husband, and I would have been getting Ted Drewes Frozen Custard (a decadent Cardinal Sin Concrete for me).
One year in...


Thinking about all that I have to tell you all about the most amazing photographer we had who Auntie found for us. Patrick Pope Photography was an intricate part of our special day. I plan on using him again when we getting preggers, buy a house, have a baby, have a fur baby, hit our 5 year mark, or, well, pretty much anything that needs to be captured by an excellent photograph. Not only is he exceedingly talented, he is a super awesome guy with the same sort of fandoms and hobbies as Husband and I.

Now, here are some photos from that great day a year ago Sunday. 


Here is Best Friend assisting with the flowering of the belt!

Note the Super awesomeness of my orange petticoat. We went with Portal colors and didn't realize it.

Auntie helped me put on my "Borrowed", a necklace she designed for her sister, P.S. Auntie.


Our location plus the time of day meant for some great soft window lighting.
Guests like that I kept looking out the window to the parking lot while they were coming in.



My Poppa Bear and I. I dare say he looks pretty darn handsome.
This photo is stunning. It isn't posed is the BEST part! Patrick just has an incredible eye for opportunity lighting.

Poppa bear and I ended up singing most of the way while walking down the aisle
as we were processing to "Be Thou My Vision", one our favorite hymns.

Look at those clouds! We had a tornado the night before which made for some amazing skies
that you would never find here in Los Angeles.

Hey! I'm Married! Let's go take some pictures!

My excellent family!
Left to Right: Top Row: Poppa Bear, Care, Me, Husband, Poppa G, MiL
Bottom Row: Broder, BroBro, Thing 1, Husband's Best Friend, New Bro

best photo, most fun photo of my Poppa Bear and Care ever.

Our Maman made some pretty good looking children, if I do say so myself.


Happiness. 

Everyone was happy with getting to view our parents wedding photos.

The only thing I got "Bridezilla" about was the cake. It just had to be from Duke's Bakery in Alton.
I was also excited about finding a cake topper with a short dress clad bride.

Our first dance was a riot

While Poppa Bear and I didn't dance excellently together, we had a great time jitter bugging away
to "I Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash.


Before the dance was over, Husband and MiL were invited up followed by anyone who had a life long love to share.

There aren't many not consisting of Husband and I on the dance floor. Which is exactly as it should be.

Best Friend and Broder had a great time cutting a rug.

I had an excellent time dancing with Care and the Nieces as well. I am incredibly blessed to have them in my life.

This is the mine space where Husband and I reside.
Very happy with the combination of Pom-Poms and Glowstick necklaces.




No comments:

Post a Comment