Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A year from now...

As I sit down to write, I realize I don't have much to say.

Not to day, at least.

After a lovely weekend, birthday party, and a trip to Disney with my Husband, there is no one subject that is interesting to me for today. I will say that the things that have been taking up the most of my time and thought is living a good and healthy life.

I have been going to spin class twice a week and run/walking twice a week as well. I am eating 1200 calories everyday (plus what I burn off from working out) and upping my protein and fiber intake by double. Besides the 3 pounds I worked off during my last low carb diet bout, I have lost an additional 2 pounds. It has been a long and hard trial, but I am hoping that this progress is more than just "water weight".

Care of Google Search
I try my best to do the things that are not easy, but it is hard to do so some mornings. I have to try my best to remember for what I am working hard. Husband and I have talked about trying for children in a year or so and, with my family history, being in the best possible shape is necessary. 

Care of Google Search
Besides setting a good example for my someday maybe children, the ability to bear them into the world in the best possible vessel is firstly on my mind. Husband is good and he asks and encourages me constantly and he works hard at staying fit himself, though not in the same way. He doesn't carry extra weight around, being 6 foot 2 inches, like my small 4 foot 10 inches frame does. I can be honest with him about why I don't want to work out and he is honest with me about not wanting me to give up. Not because he wants a skinny wife, but because he know that it will make me happier in the long run as well as the best sort of person.

Care of Google Search
So honesty with myself and with Husband is proving to be the best way to keep me exercising. It gets me out of the house in the morning to run or go to spin class. It makes me be honest with myself about my successes and less than awesome days. Most importantly, he gains more and more of my trust and respect by not bending to my bad moods and discouragement about weight and health. 

...
...
...

He is totally winning.

Until the next pensive moment....


**Today's title is pictured in the blog post: A year from now you will wish you had started today - Karen Lamb**

No comments:

Post a Comment