Friday, November 22, 2013

This is, as they say...

This is a "Back to the Future" Post... in other words. I am writing this post on Monday the 25th, but am posting it for the 22nd. Just gotta be honest. This is not what it seems....

Right then, on Saturday the 23rd, the Harry Potter Party occurred. While I have posted already once about my Butter Beer Recipe < http://my-pinterest-board-live.blogspot.com/2013/11/it-does-not-do-to-dwell-on-dreams.html >, I made it even a little better the day of the party.

Used my Grandmother's Punch Bowl and Cups and used a 2 liter of Cream Soda, a 2 liter of Ginger ale, 2 cups Amber (not spiced) Rum, and 2 cups Butter Schnapps in the main bowl. THEN I got a little creative out of necessity as I forgot to get heavy whipping cream. I took 2 cups of vanilla bean ice cream and whipped it with a 1/3 cup of half and half and then added half a package of butterscotch pudding. I then scooped a tablespoon into the cup before ladling in some soda mixture to make a little bit of a "float" like.A little stir and then Ta dah! Creamy, cold, refreshing, sweet (but not overly) Butter Beer.




Very happy with how the whole kick back ended up going. We watch Part 1 and Part 2 of Deathly Hallows and we laughed and we cried. A great gang of people and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Until the next meal...



**Today's Title is from Harry Potter and then Deathly Hallows. The full quote, of course, is as follows: My dear boy, I have no idea. This is, as they say, your party.  **

No comments:

Post a Comment