Saturday, November 2, 2013

BFMH: Breakfast Bread Pudding

Husband wasn't home on Saturday morning (overnight work for a shoot) so I actually made this breakfast on Friday morning and I just posted it for Saturday

This week I got super homemaker-ish and ended up prepping a batch of frozen breakfast burritos. They did infact turn our super duper yummy. BUT, as I have made breakfast burritos before for BFMH (see the Comic-Con photo), this yumminess does not count.

What goes into a Frozen Breakfast burrito in Cat's kitchen:
Cooked Sausage
Fried Potatoes
Onions
Scrambled Eggs
A Chutney of Jalepeno and Tomato (Firey hot. As in burns your mouth hot)
Shredded Cheese
Combine and rolled it in a tortilla and then roll in tin foil. Freeze.
Throw in the toaster oven at work for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.


Now then....what I really made for my Husband.

Breakfast Bread Pudding! There was so much bread that was going stale in our house, I decided that I would make a small one just for Husband as he left on Friday and won't be home till Sunday.

Orange Breakfast Bread Pudding Recipe:
1 stale bagel or 1 cup of stale bread, cubed
2 eggs
1/2 cup of Milk
1/8 cup of Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon Orange Zest
1/2 cup of Apricots, diced
1/2 cup Cranberries
Method
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place bread in a well greased 3X9 pan.
Combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, zest, marmalade, apricots, and cranberries.
Pour over bread. 
Bake for 30 minutes.





I found out I didn't actually have cranberries the morning I was assembling it. The orange and apricot alone turned out to have an excellent flavor togeher. Unfortunately, I added a little too much milk and needed one more egg. A little on the soggy side, yet Huband infored me it was very good still. He even went back for seconds versus just going for a burrito. 

I think he was telling the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment