Wednesday, November 6, 2013

It's circular, so there's plenty to go around.

I love me some biscuits and gravy. Maybe it is the Southerner in me, but I down right crave the stuff. I bring this up because I had purchased the makings of an easy feast of the carby-fatty-goodness for a couple friends, Husband, and me. Unfortunately, said feast didn't occur due to sickness, so I found I had a surplus of refrigerator biscuits. I had managed to use the extra sausage in the savory bread pudding and breakfast burritos I made on Halloween, but the biscuits were eluding me.

Thanks the World Wide Web and Pinterest, I found this idea (as well as what you will see in the BFMH series on Saturday) and made it.

BISCUIT PIZZAS!!!!!!

This were kinda perfect! Maybe I just have children on the brain right now, but this will totally perfect whenever Husband and I get blessed with miniature humans...

It is such a simple yet delectable dish, obviously with a veggie side so I can feel like I feed myself and Husband not just unhealthy foods.

How to prepare this lovely thing:

Take a refrigerator biscuit, like Pillsbury Grands.
Starting in the middle and using your finger tips, press it out to form a mini pizza crust. Don't forget to make a high enough crust edge to keep in all the yummy. Think a Chicago Deep Dish Crust, just miniature.
Spoon in desired amount of Pizza Sauce and add desired toppings. Then bake until crust is golden brown the cheese is melted. about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. BOOM! DELISH!



For Husband and I, we opted for minced garlic, diced onion, and pepperoni, extra oregano and basil, small chunks of fresh mozzarella, and a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan.


Y'all gotta try this...for reals. Super yummy.


** Today's quote is from Love Quotes for the Ages. And the Ageless Sages by Dora J. Arod, the female pseudonym of Jarod Ora Kintz: "My love is pizza shaped. Won't you have a slice? It's circular, so there's plenty to go around." **

No comments:

Post a Comment