Saturday, November 16, 2013

BFMH: Frittata with Chevre and Caramelized Onions

This morning's breakfast is a type of dish I have never made before so it was an adventure!

A Frittata is an Italian dish made with fried beaten eggs; resembling a Spanish omelet. The origins of the name is from the Italian "friggere" which means "to fry".

Here is the recipe that I found for today's breakfast, originally from http://emmycooks.com/2012/09/22/frittata-with-chevre-and-caramelized-onions/

Frittata with Chevre and Caramelized Onions Recipe
Whisk together 8 eggs with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper and a good splash of milk.
Stir in 1 1/2 cup of caramelized onion and a good handful of chopped parsley. Heat in an oven proof skillet over medium heat, pour in a glug of olive oil and then add eggs. Cook undisturbed until edges are set, then dollop chevre all over the top and transfer to a 375 degree oven to finish cooking.

Me being me, I changed it up a bit. I added a thawed block of chopped frozen spinach I had in my freezer, thawed in the microwave, and wrung out add the extra water in dish towel before combine with the onions to add to the egg mixture. Additionally, some chopped mushrooms, and  cherry tomatoes made it in to the dish as well when I added the onions and spinach. I also reduced some balsamic while the Frittata cooked to be poured over the dish if desired. This sort of this is almost ALWAYS desired by me.


Ta Dah!


I asked Husband if you put it on a scale from one to delicious and his answer was  a pretty dang tastey!

I (as well as my Auntie) would probably eat cardboard with balsamic reduction so I found this meal through the roof.

Another success!


Until the next meal...

No comments:

Post a Comment