Thursday, November 21, 2013

By that logic....

We have had waaaaay too many left overs so I decided to take the night off from cooking.

Instead, a quick update on my South Beach Diet Phase 1, Week 1.

I had a few slips ups this first week, but nothing that made me break my focus.

One day, I was having a tummy ache so I ate some crackers which is obviously not approved on a low carb diet.

Also, I have been breaking the rules and have been having a glass of wine at night if I want one (which has been most nights). Even with these "modifications", I am down pounds! Huzzah! 5 pounds till my next goal and 9 Until my wedding weight and 14 until my ultimate goal.

I read something this week that went like this:
If you tripped and fell on your way to work, would you turn around, go home, and never return? Of course not! By that logic, one bad day or binge shouldn't ruin your fitness goals, either!


**As you can see, this is where today's title comes from. There is no listed author that I can find.**


This is really sound logic. Obviously, if you KEEP tripping, then maybe something needs to change, but, for the most part, Just because you "failed" today, doesn't mean you failed for the who quest.

Determination and forgiveness are looking like they are becoming my best friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment