Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A good marriage is like a casserole...

As many of you may have noticed, I made spaghetti (squash) and meatballs for Husband's birthday last week. Well, I figured that the HUGE amount of "spaghetti" I got from one squash needed a little bit of a remake in order to be appealing after the initial meal. I found an excellent recipe for a Three Cheese Spaghetti Squash Casserole.

Recipe from Kaylan's Kitchen
1 whole spaghetti squash, roasted and spaghetti-fied
2 zucchini,diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 25 oz. can of marinara sauce
1 15 oz. container of fat free ricotta cheese
4 slices of reduced fat provolone or mozzarella
1/34 cup of grated Parmesan
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Method
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a pan with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
Add zucchini, garlic, and salt and pepper. Saute until zucchini becomes tender, about 5 minutes.
In a medium sized bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, oregano and basil. Fold in with zucchini.
Put spaghetti squash in the a casserole dish. Spoon ricotta mixture over it. Pour marinara sauce over the ricotta mixture. Layer slices of cheese over the dish, and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

I ended up just using grated mozzarella versus the sliced on top and that turned out just fine. Also, I used dried basil and oregano which ended up being ok in the long run, but I needed to add a little more than what was asked for the fresh.



Husband like it as did I so I figure it is a win!

Until the next meal...

**Today's title is an anonymous quote which I found very fitting for this post. "A good marriage is like a casserole, only those responsible for it really know what goes in it." So incredibly true... **

No comments:

Post a Comment