Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I love a massage.

Today, I made a little nice and simple for dinner. It is light and healthy and while it is exceptionally easy, it is quite elegant. I don't really have a recipe for today's meals as it is Salmon Packets! It is much more up to your imagination. most of the time when you see recipes for this meal, you will see it call for a Grill. Unfortunately, Husband and I don't have  a backyard or a patio or even a balcony large enough that we could even have a grill! I know...sad panda day. While I look forward to the day when I can grill my veggies and meat freely, I have made this recipe work still.

Directions for Salmon Packets
Double layer a bit of tinfoil (big enough to tent cover the salmon piece) and drizzle a little bit of olive oil on it.
Place salmon in the center and season fish with salt and pepper.
Now, add what you want!
The first time I made this was with a few slices of lemon on top of the salmon is nice and you could throw in some asparagus.
Today, I put in tomatoes,garlic, and fresh thyme.
I also made a separate packet with sliced squash and onion drizzled with olive oil and then seasoned with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and put salmon packets in for about 8 - 10 minutes and the squash in for 12 - 15 minutes.
Sprinkle squash packet with a bit of Parmesan cheese if desired when I comes out of the oven.



This dish is pretty, yummy, and saves on dirty cooking dishes. As Husband and I have a deal, I cook, he does the dishes, I like to make his job easier occasionally. I can't say that I will make squash this way again was it was a bit squishy, but it was certainly still yummy. All around this dish needed more salt. I usually will pour the amount of salt I want into my hand, and then sprinkle it over but for some reason I was just shaking it on from the shaker and that did not prove to be the best route. Better under salted than over, but a bit of a let down in my chefy brain of pride. What can you do?

Until the next meal...


**The title today is from Jason Bateman with the quote reading: I love a massage. I'd go every day if I could. I don't need to be wrapped in herbs like a salmon fillet, but I do love a massage. **

No comments:

Post a Comment