Thursday, November 14, 2013

All truly great thoughts are conceived...

In order to lead a healthier life style, I have taken up walk/running. The running part is a bit of a misnomer. I pretty much imagine there is a zombie behind me or another tribute (Hunger Games) is after me or sometimes just that Doctor has said run and he wasn't able to grab hand and then I run for as long as I can. Burst training. I have realized through these experiments that I stand no chance with any of them...yet.

But I can already tell that I stand a better chance than I did when I started walking consistently a week ago. It isn't a huge change, but one that I already have noticed some differences. Not getting winded over easy stuff and my mile time has already gotten a bit faster. 

I decided on this style of exercise for a few reasons:
1) I have seen the power of running to lose weight for several friends.
2) It's free. There are no membership fees to the world. Well, no down payment, at least.
3) Lastly, I want to participate in one of the Disney Run events some day.

So I figure I just have to be diligent, get out there every day and I'll see some improvement by Thanksgiving. 

Side note: I know there is nothing about  cooking in this post. I haven't cooked quite as much this week because of the In-Laws being in town, Husband and I actually ate out a few times! 


**Today's title is from the full quote "All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking." from Friedrich Nietzsche.**

No comments:

Post a Comment