Friday, November 8, 2013

It does not do to dwell on dreams...

So a year or so ago, my Auntie and I were planing a trip to Florida to see Walt Disney World as well as planing on visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. A lot of things changed quickly late last summer when I got a new job as well as deciding to go home for the holidays with my then boyfriend (now Husband). Needless to say, Auntie and I did not get our awesome girl's trip that we were planning. I still lament that loss, but overjoyed at where I am now, a year or so later.

One thing that Auntie and I were looking forward to the most was trying the Butter Beer at Universal Orlando. As the fall season makes me more and more in the mood for Harry Potter books and movies, I decided to try my hand as the classic beverage. After doing some heavy research, I tried out a recipe that most the internet public was saying was closest to the Hot delightful drink they had in Florida. and then I added an added kick of Butter Schnapps and a bit of whipped cream with butterscotch jello mix and powder sugar.

Here the Ingredients:
Cream Soda
Butter
Brown Sugar
Whipping Cream
Butterscotch Topping

Now since I added the schnapps and whipped cream topping, I left out the whipping cream and butterscotch topping. Still the beverage tasted like...diabetes. It didn't have a flavor other than sweet. I took 2 sips and was done, Husband managed 4. So that was bust. Although, it sure did look pretty.


You know you are jealous of my Cowboy boot mug. I got it when I went to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse with a college best friend Dana and her father's family the first time I went north to visit her.

As we had to head out to the softball game, I whipped up another batch, but this time a cold and simpler version. 7 parts cream soda, 1 part butter schnapps. The rest of the Force (The Fans of the Rebel Alliance Softball Team) us tasted it and agreed it was very nice flavor combination. After a series of thoughts and discussions we landed on the idea of cutting the sweetness even more with using a bit of ginger ale as cream soda is already SUCH a sweet beverage.

Here is my new, not as sweet-as-sin cold version of the beverage.
4 parts ginger ale
3 parts cream soda
1 part butter schnapps
1 part amber (but not spiced) rum

I suppose this is the Adult version of the beverage. No rum and I suppose would make it the house elf version. This was refreshing and sweet without it being a curb kiss of sugar to your taste buds. I am happy with this cocktail. I will be throwing a small Harry Potter Party later this month so I will serve these as well as Crockpot Warm Bourbon Apple Cider and "Elixir of Life" (aka fruit flavored water) for the beverages. I am looking forward to getting to post about the greatness that will be Quidditch Player's Pie and Herbology Bites.

Until the next meal...



** Today's Title is from the mind of J.K. Rowling and from the mouth of Albus Dumbledore: It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.**

No comments:

Post a Comment