Saturday, November 23, 2013

BFMH: Egg Muffins

HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY DOCTOR WHO!!!

Husband and I got to go see Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary in 3D! Be SUPER Jealous. As we were heading out pretty early, I figured a good amount of protein would be a great idea to get us through the morning (and me through the popcorn cravings).

I was rather content that I had lost a few pounds as my costume, while not revealing, was a bit sexy. I went as Captain Jack(ie) Harkness complete with Time Vortex Wristlet and a 1940's flair.

For those of you who love the show, enjoy the title of the Egg Muffins for this edition of Breakfast For My Husband.

They Are Cheesier On The Inside Muffins
This is halved from my original recipe for this since it was only going to be Husband and I eating.
Ingredients
6 eggs
1 tsp seasoning - Choose from what you have handy. Parsley, oregano, pepper, and herbs de Provence are good choices. So is a splash of hot sauce and some cilantro.
1 cup low fat cheese, grated (I used sharp cheddar)
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Then add what else you might want. I chose to use what was on hand.
Bacon, chopped (leave out for vegetarian)
Onion, diced
Roasted sweet pepper, chopped
Method
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line the muffin tin with double the paper liners. (I used tin foil liners so one was good for me.)
Fill each cup with 2/3 with cheese, meat and veggies.
In a mixing bowl with a spout, beat eggs with seasonings (and a splash of low fat or skim milk, if desired)
Top meat and veggies with egg mixture until the cup is 3/4 full.
Stir each cup gently with a fork
Bake for 25 - 35 minutes until muffins have risen, lightly browned, and set.

Enjoyable and easy to reheat the day of (1-2 minutes in the Microwave). Wish I would have had a few other options to put in them, but still tasty.



YES, THE SPECIAL WAS SPECTACULAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment