Saturday, November 30, 2013

BFMH: Cranberry Cream Cheese "Pinwheel"

I don't know about you guys, but I pretty much always have left over cranberry relish/jelly. This recipe is a great use of what is left over from the wonderfulness that is Thanksgiving.

Plus it is simple, you KNOW I like that.
First off, mix one 8 oz package of softened cream cheese with 4 oz cranberry relish/jelly.


I ended up with more than 4 oz cranberry in mine. don't do that. Stick to the original measurements I stated above. Do as I say, not as I do.



Mix the cheese and cranberry together with a hand mixer until smooth (you see how mine is NOT smooth, don't settle for that like I did). Easy right?

Take one package of the pre-made Crescent Rolls, open them up, and roll them lightly on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin to make them into one single sheet of dough. (I didn't do this and it cost me dearly on presentation and food construction. please do this, don't use the "Oh, I'll just pinch it together" mentality.

Smear cheese and cranberry mixture over half the dough, leaving a 1 inch border as needed.

Fold the dough that is not smeared with the yummy stuff over the smeared size. Then fold and pinch the edges up to form a rectangle of yum.  (I attempted to roll mine. Did not work. Make it into a rectangle, not pinwheels.)

Put on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes



This recipe is a bit tart, so if you are a sweet tooth morning person, add a bit of powder sugar into the cheese and cranberry mixture.

While MY attempt was not pretty, it was tasty. I will do this again when we have company probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment