Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I don't like to generalize...

Way back when, I made an excellent dish for fine people who assisted when our move. That was well before I had even started this blog. So I remade it this week for my work "husband" and his fiance.

Mexican Quiche
Ingredients
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream (sub Greek Yogurt or additional milk)
1/2 cup chopped green chili (or some from a can o’Anaheim chilies)                                                            
6 eggs
1 cup shredded cheese – Mexican blend is my choice
1/2 cup chopped ham or sausage (leave off for vegetarian)
1 can of diced tomatoes 
4 corn tortillas
butter or margarine
Method:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Lightly spread butter over the bottom and sides of a 9 by 13 baking dish. Put 2 tortillas on each side and a half of one at each end.  Use a little more butter to sort of paste together the edges of the tortillas to seal the bottom layer.
In a mixing bowl, beat the 6 eggs. Blend the milk and sour cream in a blender until smooth and combine with the eggs. Fold in all the cheese. Just so you know, you can substitute the sour cream and milk if needed by using just 1 cup milk. Pour the mixture into your tortilla crust.
Carefully sprinkle the green chili (decrease chili, or only put on part if some are not as fond of spicy) and meat into the quiche, arranging it however you want depending on who likes what. The one shown above has chili throughout, but the ham is only in half of it.  Bake for 40 minutes or until eggs are set.



I love this dish. It is easy and delish. You can add meat and onions as well.

Until the next meal...

**Today's title is from Ezra Koenig: I don't like to generalize, but I've had nothing but bad experiences with Mexican food in Europe.**

No comments:

Post a Comment