Friday, June 27, 2014

Con-vaca-tion!

I like summer.

I don't like having to shave my bikini line for wearing a swimsuit (though I love to pool lounge and swim) nor do I like the excessive heat at times, but all in all, I like summer.

I like the fact that it is Convention season is going on and there are lots of excellent new cosplays from Cosplayers I follow on social media. They inspire me to be better with the few costumes I attempt. Husband and I are blessed enough to get to attend Comic-Con again this year PLUS right afterwards we catch a plane to StL and then head to Michigan with his family! Hooray! Con-vaca-tion!

This year for Comic-Con I (hopefully) will be wearing a new cosplay that I am working on right now:
Hiccup from "How to Train Your Dragon".

Not sure how it will turn out. While it doesn't appear to be a difficult costume, I have made a promise to myself, not to wear a costume that I not happy with completely. Thus far, I have made the pattern and cut the fabric for the vest, found a shirt that will work for the tunic, have a pair of pants that should work just fine, purchased boots that are far too large for me and I am attempting to dye them darker by staining them with oil, and have started work on the cuffs for said boots. At this point I am happy with it, but I really thing the shield is necessary.

I will be using the good old Roxy Ritcher from years past as well as try out Captain Jackie Harkness if Husband's suit is ready for the Tenth Doctor. If for some reason it isn't, we repeat Prince Peach and Lady Mario from Wondercon this past spring.

Also, with the diet I doing, I am cutting the post down to a "mandatory" Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as I simply have nothing interesting to talk about as my creativity is hindered a bit. If it turns out that there is more to write about then I will post on Tuesdays and Thursday. Thanks for understanding, y'all. Trying to drop some weight and build muscle is stressful enough for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment