Friday, June 6, 2014

If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas...

If you read yesterday's post, you know that I have recently come into some Mexi-seasoned Meat. Carne Asada, Carnitas, and Pollo.

So with some of the Pollo, I decided to make these: <correction: ATTEMPTED> 

Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients
2 pound already cooked/left over Mexican shredded chicken from work cookout
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
2 canned Anaheim chilies, diced
1 (28-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
10-16 corn tortillas
1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, canned or salsa verde
1 cup shredded Cheddar and Jack cheeses
Garnish: chopped cilantro leaves, chopped scallions, sour cream, chopped tomatoes
Directions
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add corn and chiles. Stir well to combine. Add canned tomatoes, saute 1 minute.
Add precooked shredded chicken to saute pan, combine with vegetables. Dust the mixture with flour to help set.
Microwave tortillas on high for 30 seconds. This softens them and makes them more pliable. Coat the bottom of 2 (13 by 9-inch) pans with a ladle of enchilada sauce or salsa.
Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture in each tortilla. Fold over filling, place 8 enchiladas in each pan with seam side down. Top with enchilada sauce and cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F oven until cheese melts. Garnish with cilantro, scallion, sour cream and chopped tomatoes before serving. Serve with Spanish rice and beans.

So I got all in to make the meat in side yummies of the enchilada: They turned out VERY nicely.



FILTERED!
<In other news, I got an Instagram account. Feel free to follow me: LittleCatBock>

But when I put the yummies into a warmed corn tortilla on a bed of rice, the tortillas split all to heck and they were hideous and completely nonfunctional as a wrapping for my yummies....
Splits City Yo! Oh no!
So I opted to change it up a bit....





THUS, my enchiladas became a casserole. Mind you, it was yummy, but I was incredibly left down about the presentation. It ended up looking like a pile of rice with some other stuff on top. My friends, who got me into Instagram: kimgmufx and auroralotus (go follow them as well!) enjoyed it and were well satisfied in the long run. So a WIN, even though I though it was going to be a fail.

Until the next meal...


**Jack Handy everyone: If God dwells inside us like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting**

No comments:

Post a Comment