Tuesday, June 24, 2014

There is a face beneath this mask, but it isn't me

So my upper lip has gotten strangely dark.

Anyone else had this problem?

I have no clue why and I also know that it isn't SO noticeable to others, but to be me it seems like someone coated my upper lip with tan in a can. It isn't the hair, even when I remove or lighten the hair, it is still there. Not sure what caused it, maybe sun and over exposure to chemicals and waxing or something.....I really have no clue.  So I have decided to try some ideas out.

Here is what I found:

1)      I found the suggestion to try exfoliation with a sugar scrub of 1/2 cup of sugar, juice of a lemon, and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.

2)      Then I found a homemade facial mask made from flour, turmeric, lemon juice and honey. Mix an equal amount of each of these ingredients (eg 1 teaspoon) together in a small bowl until it forms a smooth paste. Apply the paste to the dark skin on your upper lip and leave it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the paste is dry. Rinse the paste away with some warm water, then pat the skin dry. Use this mask 2 to 3 times per week until the skin becomes lighter. Or just Mix a little honey and lime juice (you could also use lemon) and apply it to your upper lip. The citric acid in the lime juice bleaches the skin, while the honey softens and moisturizes.

3)      Baking soda face scrub & lightener:  2 tablespoons of baking soda into a small container or bowl; then, add water a little at a time until desired consistency (kinda thick paste).  It doesn’t take too much water. It is recommended to steam your face beforehand to get the best results.  


As I think the cause of the darkening might have to do with a reaction to chemicals/harshness of the sun, so I figures I should start with the least aggressive tactic. Plus my lips blister easily thanks to Simplex 1 (Kids: listen to your parents and don't drink after others, even your parents). So I decided I would start with exfoliate. Let's see how it works. 


Until the next embarrassing body related thing...

**Today's title comes for V for Vendetta by Steve Moore: There is a face beneath this mask, but it isn't me. I'm no more that face than I am the muscles beneath it, or the bones beneath that.** 

No comments:

Post a Comment