Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake....

To go with my moist yellow cake, a rich dark chocolate frosting is, of course, necessary.
The recipe found on my Pinterest Pin "http://www.serenabakessimplyfromscratch.com/2014/01/moist-yellow-cake-with-mocha.html" is a Mocha Butter cream. 

So I figured I would alter it slightly to fit my needs and taste buds.

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
Ingredients
10 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
1 cup Cocoa Powder
1 pinch Sea Salt
4 Tablespoons Half & Half or Milk
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
4 cups Powdered Sugar
Method
Cream together butter, cocoa powder and salt until smooth.
Add half & half or milk, vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Mix on medium low speed until well combined and smooth. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
Frost cake and enjoy.



The combination of Yellow cake with Dark Chocolate/Ganache Like Frosting reminds me like a slap in the face (but a good kind of slap) of my mother and brothers. My twin and I would ask for this combination most years for our birthday cakes and I am more than a little bit sure that the ganache frosting came into being because of my older brother. 

I had a bit of a sweet tooth over load with these so you may not be seeing many more sweets on this bad boy for awhile. Which is fine. because I have noticed, that even with all my walking and exercise classes, I am not dropping many pounds so it is time to get a bit extreme on the diet. 

Until the next dessert...


**Today's title is from the one and only Audrey Hepburn and I agree whole heartedly: Let's face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.**

No comments:

Post a Comment