Saturday, January 4, 2014

BFMH: Swedish Pancakes

In honor of 12/28/2013, I made breakfast on Christmas Morning, since we are traveling on Saturday proper.

I decided to listen to the Bro Bro San (my older Brother) and make the family tradition of my Maman's Swedish Pancakes. I don't have her recipe, but I googled it and found a good recipe from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-swedish-pancakes/

Swedish Pancakes Recipe:
Ingredients
4 eggs
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons melted butter

Method
In a large bowl, beat eggs with a wire whisk. 
Mix in milk, flour, sugar, salt, and melted butter.
Preheat a nonstick electric skillet to medium heat
pour a thin layer of batter on skillet and spread to edges
Cook until top surface appears dry.
Cut into 2 or 4 pieces and flip with a spatula.
Cook for another 2 minutes or until golden.
Roll each pancake and serve.
Garnish with fruit, sauce, or spice of your choice.

I sprinkle them lightly with powdered sugar before rolling and garnish with a lemon for a refreshing, yet filling breakfast.





No comments:

Post a Comment