Monday, January 27, 2014

As long as you are uncomfortable...

I did something crazy.


Something I have never done before. 


I spent money to run in a race. Not only have I never done a race where you need to spend money to register, but I have never even run any sort of race. I have walked the odd 5k's in my time and I am solid at walking long distances. But this is different...


I am competing (with myself more than anyone else) in the Disney 10k in August 2014. 




I need to get my mile (6 of them) to 13-16 minutes. That won't be horrific, but I want to get into solid shape while doing this bad boy as well. So I'm shooting for finishing it in an hour and half or better. I know that isn't amazing, but it is a HECK of a lot better then where I am at this time.


Here we go....


**Today's title is from Ashton Kutcher: I'm continually trying to make choices that put me against my own comfort zone. As long as you're uncomfortable, it means you are growing.**

No comments:

Post a Comment