Tuesday, January 14, 2014

...if you bring home the bacon.

This past weekend, I made Idaho Sunrises for Husband. You might have noticed that I used Bacon, the most magical of meats. Most meat eaters I know believe in the statement that bacon makes everything better. While I really enjoy the salt sweetness of it, I think it only makes most things better, not everything.

Also, I have a deep, dark secret about bacon.

A secret I am so deeply embarrassed and frustrated that I have.

For some incredible, no good reason, I seem to have no luck in being able to make it. I have no clue why that is, but everything I try to fry it up, it is either a soggy mess, a bacon bits crispy, or burnt to a crisp. I have tried tons of different ways to fry it: cast iron, covered with water, a little water in the pan everything.

I just can't do it.

I have gotten to the point where I have given up on cooking a few slices at a time stove top. I have resulted to the more clean up, but better results tactic. A 350 degree oven, a rack on the baking sheet, and 12-15 minutes.


Ta-dah!


*You might notice where I checked that it wasn't poisoned*

I would rather reheat bacon that is well cooked than risk the edibleness of fresh bacon. Also, having the Bacon pre-cooked readies you for a week of quick breakfast sandwiches, BLTs, and salads that need a boost. I will probably be making things this week that have bacon in them and I know y'all will enjoy that.


Until the next meal...

**Today's title is from Weezer's hit song El Scorcho with the lyrics reading: I'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon**

No comments:

Post a Comment