Friday, January 24, 2014

I Love Pizza Rolls!

I love pizza rolls.
These guys are sort of like Large Pizza Rolls.
So I make them and make my taste buds happy. They are not healthy and they are not good for you, but they are delicious...so I make them. Serve with a Salad if your conscious is your guide.

Easy Peasey Stromboli/Calzone Sorta Thingie
What you need:
Pizza Dough
Pepperoni/Salami/cured meat (Sub Veg for vegetarian version)
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Pizza/pasta sauce
Olive oil
Method
Stretch/flatten the dough to your liking. (instead of flour as it is pictured, use cornmeal to
Pile on some cheese, then meat, a dab of sauce, and a little more cheese for good measure.
Fold up the packet of yummy and apply a little olive oil to seal up the edges.
Bake as dough directs.
Serve with warm marinara.


I looked up what the differences are between Calzones and Strombolis as I didn't know prior to writing this post.



Main Differences:
Calzones: Pizza Dough, Folded in a half circle shape, Mozzarella AND Ricotta
Stromboli: Bread Dough, Rolled into a loaf shape, Mozzarella

Until the next meal...

** Today's quote is not educational at all. It is just the catch phrase from Totino's Pizza Roll Commercials

No comments:

Post a Comment