Wednesday, April 23, 2014

One must ask children and birds how cherries and strawberries taste.

So the day before we headed out to Boston I wanted to use up our salad stuffs and the bundle of asparagus. So I went to my favorite dish. 

Salmon and Veggie in foil!

I have posted about this before. But I think that I like the lack of squash, tomato, and onion. It made the whole dish have a mushy texture.

This was not the healthiest preparation (note the pads of butter) , but the fat plus a touch of salt and pepper and then a hot oven is all you need to make easy asparagus.


Then the salmon just had some butter, lemon, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of thyme over it.


Now on the the thing I was excited about making that evening: Strawberry Balsamic Salad.

It is super easy. I need to use up the strawberries that were headed out in my kitchen so I washed and diced the best looking of the bunch and the quartered them. a bit of red onion and then a balsamic reduction and you have yourself a salad that is out of the ordinary (at least in my kitchen).


This picture is really bad, but I wanted to show it dressed:



In other news, I got the PURTIEST Ukulele from my husband! I am extremely excited about it!



Until the next meal...

**Today's title comes from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: One must ask children and birds how cherries and strawberries taste.**


2 comments:

  1. Speaking of strawberries, I just bought two pounds of them at the grocery store. I'm going to have to try them with red onion and balsamic.

    Also, didn't you know that butter has plenty of vitamin K? It's a health food, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to go with yes. Butter is defiantly a healthy food.

    ReplyDelete