Monday, April 14, 2014

When you play a game of thrones you win or you die.

Yes, this is a little behind the times, but I just have to explain how spectacular the event I went to on April 6th for the Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere. In the style that is my group of friends, we did a potluck and I decided to make "Red Wedding Cupcakes" aka Red Velvet Cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting then splattered with super duper red frosting to make it seem like...well no spoilers for those who haven't read/seen/heard about it already.

I totally made the cake from boxed cake, not going to lie. BUT instead of doing it the way the box says, I tweeked it to make it even more yummy and less icky tasting. Instead of doing what ever the box said, I added 1/2 cup of melted butter, 3 eggs, and 1/2 cup of milk and then cooked them for 17 minutes each.



The frosting is simple: 1/2 a cup butter (room temperature) bleneded well with 16 oz cream cheese then add 1 tablespoon vanilla. Slowly mix in 2 cups powdered sugar and tadah, yum. For the red stuff I add a bit of of red food coloring with the smalles drop of blue to enrich the color and then used my fingers to splatter the blood.



As you can tell this made a mess so I did it outside on the patio table and then cleaned it all up. I also managed to dye my fingers a bit red, so fair warning on that.



Besides what I made there were other, very delishiousnessingly things. I mean LOOK at the spread!! One of my favorite things were the roasted garlic crescent rolls, some with Swiss.



The North Remembers Mashed Potatoes


Meat Pies


Cersei's Apple and Cheese Salad


And Winterfell Meat


Everything was well made with love and care (or purchased thoughtfully) and we even had some of the Game of Thrones Beer. I didn't care for the Red Ale I tried as it was a bit harsh for me, but I loved the idea the party, and the episode, were great! 

Here is the House Sigil that Husband thought up for us:

Kinda perfect, don't you think?

Until the next meal...


**Today's title comes Queen Cersei's mouth, but the mind of George R.R. Martin.**


No comments:

Post a Comment