Saturday, April 12, 2014

BFMH: Coffee Cake

For this morning, which was actually eaten on my birthday morning since we traveled this weekend, I did MiL Sour Cream Coffee Cake.

As I have never made coffee cake I am not sure what I may or may not have done wrong, but it was not my best show of baking skill.

Here we have a greased pan with the dough!

The cinnamon, pecan, almond meal, and sugar filling.

Into the oven!

Looks pretty goood......?

Womp Womp! Perhaps a different pan next time...

Add some candles and everything tastes great!

Despite the less than awesome attempt, the flavor we love was there.

Husband and friend E before heading out to catch our planes to Boston. Note the WONDERFUL decor that Husband supplied for the occasion
Here is the Cookbook I got at my wedding shower from my MiL and the print out of the recipe.

Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine
1 1/1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups sifted flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup sour cream
1 10 inch Angel Food Cake Pan
Filling
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Method:
Cream butter sugar egg and vanilla. Beat well sift dry ingredients together. Add to creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream. Pour 1/2 of batter into greased and floured pan. Top with 1/3 filling. Repeat twice more. Bake at 350 degrees 50 to 55 minutes.

I know I shouldn't do this, but I did. I altered the recipe a bit simple because of what I had. The major change was that I used some almond meal to supplement the pecans as I didn't have a full 1/2 cup. Any other change I made (purposefully or not) are probably the reason I had to bake the cake for an additional 30 minutes, causing the outside to be too crispy. Follow the recipe above. Don't do as I did with the trying to make it work with what I had. Wasn't worth it.









No comments:

Post a Comment