Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Have a little faith, and if that doesn't work, have a lot of mimosas.

If you have been keep up, you will notice that I got to have a brunch party last weekend. I had been planning on serving Mimosas (duh!), but wanted to jazz it up a bit. Thanks to Tyler Florence I found something that would add a little bit of special and a lot of style.

Orange Cream Mimosa
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice (5 to 6 oranges)
1 orange, zested
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup superfine sugar
1 bottle sparkling wine or champagne
1 carton of Oj in addition
Method
Put orange juice, zest, half-and-half, and sugar into a blender and process until the sugar has dissolved, about 30 seconds. Pour this mixture into a shallow pan and freeze until hard, 4 hours or overnight.
Remove the frozen orange mixture from the freezer and let it sit to soften slightly, about 10 minutes.
Pop out of molds into punch bowl of champagne and additional Oj, or put a small scoop in glass and top with champagne.

I recently inherited a lovely selection of single serving Jell-o molds that were my Grandmother's. Unfortunately, I don't really like Jell-o. So instead, I used it at molds for the sorbet!




















As I decided to do a punch bowl mimosa versus a pour your own, I was able to use the sorbets as ice cubes in the mimosa bowl instead of a pour over. I think the pour over would be very nice and as the "ice cubes" melted, the mimosa kept getting a little thicker.




Until the next drink...

**Today's title comes from Gossip Girl's Blair Waldorf: Here's my advice. Have a little faith, and if that doesn't work, have a lot of mimosas.**

1 comment:

  1. I don't even like champagne, but I would drink that. It's like a boozy frosty.

    My Aunt Mary used to make Frozen Whiskey Sours by the bucket for parties. This seems like a classier version of that.

    ReplyDelete