Saturday, April 26, 2014

BFMH: No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls

Husband had to work this Saturday. I got up and made him breakfast. Sometimes he is blown away by my love of breakfast and him. The night before I rolled up some cinnamon and then this morning I baked them. It was about the EASIEST cinnamon roll  recipe I have ever come across.

No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
Ingredients
Dough
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup milk
Filling
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
Method
For the filling, in a small bowl combine softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to form a crumbly mixture.
Sprinkle 1/2 of the mixture over the bottom of a 9x9 pan.
In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Cut in softened butter (sometimes your hands are the best tools).
Stir in milk to form a soft dough.
Roll out dough on a lightly floured into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
Spread the remaining filling on the rolled out dough.
Roll up the rectangle, with a sharp knife slice into 18 small rolls (12 if you want them a little bigger).
Bake for 20-25 min at 400°F.
For glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
Once rolls are finished, drizzle on glaze and serve warm.




I did not use the glaze recipe provided above and instead used up the cream cheese frosting I made for cupcakes earlier in the week. Also, I halved the recipe since it is just Husband and me.



They turn out decently. Considering I am not accustomed to baking, albeit I think I am getting more and more comfortable with it, I think they turned out prettily enough. Husband liked them and was happy to have my company and coffee making ability at 5 am in the morning. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment