Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A women who cuts her hair is about to change her life.

So I did it! I chopped off 14 inches of my hair and donated it to Wigs For Kids! So, while I didn't visit my desired missions here in SoCal nor did I finish my 30 titles I wanted to read, I have done most everything on my 30 before 30 list. The final recap is posted here on my birthday.

So what does 14 minches of hair look like...I'll show you:

Before it was cut off:
With a bit of curl...

With a bit of goof...

Here we go:




The goods...


Measuring it out...


CHOP!




















The damage....

After:


















TADAH!

And now I try to figure out how to style it...or lack there of...
















First try: we have the curlers I normally used when I had LONG hair.


It turned out a little curly, but nothing amazing... meh, maybe a curling iron?




Tried a bit of pomade sort of stuff the next day. I liked the look it gave the back of my hair, but the top seemed ... a bit well dirty... and if I futzed with my hair it looked like bed head.

Then I decided to try the "slick back look" and that turned into mini cosplay of Trinity from the Matrix.

All in all, a successful first few days of experimentation.  Plus, a new idea for Comic-Con.

Keeping in mind today's title, I am not sure if I did it in that order. My life has changed drastically over the last year. Though I feel that even better and great things coming that I will prepare a way for, I think that the hair cut is signify a cut of ties to the thoughts of others. I am no longer bound by gossip and the negativity of society. I don't feel like I will stay in contact with negative toxic people like I have for the last decade as I thought that if they were angry or upset with me that I couldn't deal with it. I think I surround myself with positive people, friends, family, activities, and, most importantly, my Husband and our Lord.

Until next time...


**Today's title comes from great Coco Chanel: A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.**

2 comments:

  1. Looking sharp. I had all my hair lopped off yesterday, but it wasn't really intentional. I just told the guy cutting it to do whatever he wanted - so long as he understood that I didn't want Taylor Swift bangs and I'm not going to style it every day. Or, you know, brush it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chop looks great! Your hair is so full and has good texture that I think your new length really suits you. Not the the long hair didn't, but the short length looks very refreshed. Well done to your stylist!

    ReplyDelete