Saturday, April 19, 2014

BFMH: Broiled Grapefruit

So I did the math and there only 6 more breakfasts to go!?!?!

Today, I made Broiled Grapefruit! Martha Stewart showed me the way with adding a little brown sugar and cinnamon with a touch of vanilla extract on top of the halved fruit.



Then just throw them under a hot broiler for 5 minutes = delish! Seriously, it softens up the meat of the fruit very nicely and then caramelizes the sugar on top. I added an egg and the last couple breakfast sausages for Husband's meal (I just rolled with an egg and the fruit) to give the necessary protein to keep us going through the day.


This was very simple and yet interesting enough that I would do this for breakfast for company with an egg casserole. Try it, it will change your mind about how you feel towards the tart fruit.

1 comment:

  1. **harumph**
    It is good because of the tartness...

    but this still sounds kinda yummy.

    ReplyDelete