Saturday, April 5, 2014

BFMH: Breakfast Bruchetta

This breakfast was a solid choice. It worked out especially well as I attempted my first loaves of bread ever (Irish Soda to go with the Stew from earlier this week) and the one left over loaf was on it's way out. Plus I made Chicken Cordon Bleu (you will see it later) so I have a great selection of Prosciutto and Swiss available to me.

What We Need To Eat Before It Goes Bad Breakfast Bruchetta
Ingredients
Pretty much anything you might want on a breakfast sandwich really I used the following:
Bread: Lightly Molasses Irish Soda
Protein: Prosciutto and Eggs+Milk for Scrambling
Cheese: Lacey Swiss
Veggie: tomatoes, onion, green pepper (You could add any number of things here, I just did what I had)
Spice: Garlic (Fresh), Basil (Dried, but fresh would have been excellent), Oregano (Dried), Fresh ground pepper, Salt, and Extra virgin Olive Oil
Method
Preheat oven to 275 degrees

Slice the bread to make little plates for all the yummies. Then apply prosciutto and cheese and set aside on a baking sheet.

In a saute pan, saute the veggie and spice all together over medium high heat until soft.
Crack eggs and add a splash of milk in a separate bowl and beat with a fork until well combined.
Scoot veggies and spice to one side of pan and add egg.
All the egg to cook a little and then stir and combine veggie with egg to make a nice scramble.


When eggs are cooked soft, remove from heat and scoop on to bread plates.
Put bread and yummies in the oven for 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and bread to toast a bit.


Remove from oven and plate and enjoy.

Husband really enjoyed this dish as did I. I think for a brunch I could cut a French baguette a bit more bite size and it would work wonderfully. Now comes the job of learning to make my own French bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment