Friday, February 21, 2014

Vegetables are a must on a diet.

So I don't know what is going on with me, but I am pretty much a chocoholic as of late. While sugar is not the answer, I have been looking for any sort of substitute that has less carbs, more chocolate.

Thanks to our friend Pinterest, I found this recipe: http://www.delightedmomma.com/2012/05/flourless-zucchini-brownies.html

Flourless Zucchini Brownies
Ingredients
1 cup of almond butter.
1 1/2 cup of grated or chopped zucchini. I used my grated attachment on my food processor.
1/3 cup of raw honey
1 egg
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1 cup of dark chocolate chips. I used gluten free chocolate chips.
Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix everything together.
Pour into a greased 9x9 baking pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.



I think that next time I make these, and there will be a next time, I will melt the chocolate in and add a little bit of cocoa powder (yes is gluten free for all y'all GFs out there).



These reminded me of zucchini bread with chocolate chips thrown in. I wouldn't call them a brownie replacement, but they are most certainly a brownies substitute. Husband and Z both enjoyed them, 2 guys who aren't on any sort of health kick, as did I so these little beauties must be an excellent choice flavor wise.
They are moist and chocolately, and while the zucchini taste is present, it isn't overbearing so you can still think that you are cheating.

Until the next meal...

**From the mind of Jim Davis, the creator of Garfield, I give you today's title in full: Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.**

No comments:

Post a Comment