Thursday, February 6, 2014

I feed on good soup...

Husband said he was feeling like he was getting sick. So I do what any self respecting, cooking loving, on the South Beach Diet wife would do. I make:

Low Carb Wife Chicken Soup
Ingredients
8 pieces of chicken, bone in (or a whole chicken, if you want, but no giblets)
2 cup chicken broth,
4 cups water
1 whole onion, roughly chopped
6 carrots, roughly chopped (Not Phase 1 of SBD, so I leave them to big so I can eat around them)
4 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
Satchel of herbs including: Parsley, Rosemary, Thyme, and Sage (I use a loose tea thing for this)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Method
Put it all in a pot and simmer until chicken is cooked. I let mine cook for 1.5 hours.
Cook's note: This could be made in a Crockpot on low for the 5-7 hours.
Remove chicken bones and connective tissue as well as the bag leave and herb satchel.
Serve, eat, feel better.



It needed a little salt and pepper when I was served, but I would rather it need it than already have to much of either. Husband really enjoyed the broth of the soup.

This is soup is excessively easy, light, and fulfilling. It really just took the time of me letting everything simmer for an hour or so. This wasn't hard, as I had much Arrow to watch on my Tele.



He said the fact that I served it in the Mickey dishes made him feel better as well.

Hope everyone out there is stay well with this on going winter of crazy cold temperature (not where I live, but you know what I mean.

Until the next meal...

**Today's title comes from one of my favorite play rights, Moliere: I feed on good soup, not beautiful language.**

No comments:

Post a Comment