Monday, February 10, 2014

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.

I am very happy with this side dish.

Husband actually gave me the idea when I asked what he might what with the Pesto Chicken.

Husband works on lighting crews for film and television shoots. For those of you who haven't been on a film set, there is normally a place/position/table called Crafty (maybe Krafty? not sure about spelling as I have never seen it in writing). Crafty provides snacks and beverages for the crew and actor during shooting time. Husband had a Feta Stuffed Baked Tomato through one of his Crafty Chefs and suggested it to me.

Since I sorta made this up as I went, there isn't much of a proper recipe. Here is what I retained:

Feta, Balsamic Onion, and Parmesan Stuffed Tomatoes
Ingredients:
1 clove (minced) garlic sauteed with
1/4 (chopped) of an onion in balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup of feta
1/4 cup of light cream cheese
2 tomatoes
Salt and
1/4 cup of Parmesan to top with the tomato with
Method:
Saute onion, garlic, and balsamic vinegar together until soft and syrupy.
Allow onions to cool and then mix with feta and cream cheese.
Cut off top and hollow out tomatoes (de-seed).
Stuff tomatoes with onion/cheese mixture.
Top with Parmesan.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes



I hope this recipe is close because what we ate was very yummy.



Until the next meal...

**Today's title comes from the quote: "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad". I have no clue who said it originally.**



No comments:

Post a Comment