Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Nothing take the taste out of peanut butter...

My friend is in town from London! So what does any self respecting American do? Feed him cookies! I wasn't actually planning on making cookies when I planned a day of hang out, but we ended up at Husband and my home, I got all housewifey like I do. So I pulled out my Betty Crocker Cooky Book and figured out a few options for which I had all the ingredients. We settled o the following choice:

Peanut Butter Honey Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup shortening or butter or margarine
1 tablespoon of honey
1 egg
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup semisweet chips
Method
Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in large bowl. Combine Dry ingredients separately and stir in slowly. Stir in chips last.
Heat oven to 375ºF.
Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork.

Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

It was fun to make them as I altered the recipe per my MOTHER'S notes from 1971 as well as changed it up a little with the addition of honey.

They are perfect biscuits for tea as they aren't overly sweet and are nice and crisp without being dry.



Until the next meal...


**Today's title comes from Charlie Brown "Nothing take the taste out of peanut butter like unrequited love."**



No comments:

Post a Comment