Saturday, February 8, 2014

BFMH: Eggs Clouds

Due to the Low Carb Diet I am following, my planned "Coffee Cake" For this morning, was no longer an option. While patrolling the streets of Pinterest I found this little ditty:

Egg Clouds
Ingredients
4 eggs
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup cooked bacon (leave off for Vegetarian version)
1/4 cup chives
Method
Separate eggs with the yolks in separate small bowls.
Whip whites until stiff white peaks occur.
Fold in bacon, cheese, and chives.
Spoon white out onto greased baking sheet.
Make a deep well in each mountain of eggs whites.
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 3 minutes.
Put a yolk into each well and bake for 2-3 minutes. 
Enjoy

In my opinion, the yolk part only needs 2 minutes and a bit of sit time on the pan if you like your yolks running. I baked them for 3 minutes and they weren't quite runny still, but they were not hard cooked. 

Husband loved these. I thought they were a very good alternative to the usual ways to make eggs for breakfast. I will most certainly be making these for when we have guests for over for breakfast. The egg white being whipped made an excellent texture and look and with the "shakey Cheese" Parmesan it had a wonderful flavor.




Fold in the yummy.


Make the mountains with the deep wells.


Cooked egg white mountains.


Add a yolk to each.


Look at that yolk.


After the yolks were cooked as well.


Happy Breakfast: Happy Husband!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. Also, more fun to eat than scrambled eggs. (Also, this is Liz. I'm not a total random stalker.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I am now following YOUR blog.

    These were truly excellent. I take it as a good sign if I show everyone who knows about the "Breakfast for My Husband" Challenge my iPhone photos of said breakfast.

    ReplyDelete