Tuesday, December 24, 2013

To the lucky person who has never heard it, I can only say:

I have always hated vegetables. Always. Then something strange happened, I started to like them. Mainly it was because I decided that I would cook them. I would no longer depend on the microwave, the Black Eyed Pea Restaurant, the motherly figure just trying to help out, nothing besides me.

And the internet.

The world opened up with the that I could like and enjoy something green. My largest surprise was the day I tried this salad. I never ever thought that Brussels sprouts would find their way into my heart, but this is how they did it thanks to the wonderfulness of my friend Reba.

I never thought I would like Brussels Sprouts Recipe:
Ingredients
Brussels sprouts
cranberries
almonds - sliced
salt
olive oil
lemon juice (if desired)

Method
Preheat oven to 400
Peel or slice sprouts.
Coat with Olive Oil and add a little salt.
Mix and put into oven in a glass dish.
Stir every 5 - 10 minutes
Once the sprouts begins to brown on the edges, add Cranberries
Cook another 10 minutes or so.
Spread sliced almonds on a baking sheet and let toast for 5 minutes.
Combine nuts with sprout and berry mixture.
Take to party and be the toast of the holiday!
(Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over if that strikes your fancy)

It takes a while to roast all the sprouts, but, believe me, it is necessary.

Until the next revisting to that veggie you NEVER thought you would like let alone love...

**Today's titles is from movie Infamous about Truman's voice with the full quote reading: To the lucky person who has never heard it, I can only say: imagine what a Brussels sprout would sound like, if a Brussels sprout could talk.**

No comments:

Post a Comment