Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it.

It's the most sugary time of the year! 

So I am working on special little presents for people in my life which include a half a dozen cookies. so i decided to make the most festive cookies of them all: Spritz! 

As their name implies, "Spritz" is German for "Spritzen" which means "to squirt". Not gonna lie, I think that the word squirt is really funny, but moving on...

 I inherited my Grandma's cookie press and have been itching to use it since the Christmas tree went up. 
Great news: It works and I made 6 dozen cookies yesterday. Now only 12 more dozen to go! so much easier with this thing... 


Fresh for the decorating!


A regal garland adorns this tree.


Yes, those are dinos.


My attempt at a Dalek Christmas Tree


Fossilized Dinos!

These cookies are so much fun as they are a decorator's dream, as well as the sly child (or sugar fiend adult) who knows the "two for the cookie, one for me" rule.


Until the next dessert...



**Today's title comes from Finding Nemo. The full quote is as follows:
Squirt(aka Spritz lol): Good afternoon. We're gonna have a great jump today. Okay, first crank a hard cutback as you hit the wall. There's a screaming bottom curve, so watch out. Remember: rip it, roll it, and punch it.
Marlin: It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it.**

No comments:

Post a Comment