Thursday, December 26, 2013

my God, I haven't unpacked...

How to pack for a trip...
Things to consider:
How long are you gone? How messy (eating aka spots on blouses etc) are you? What is your personally style? Keep these in mind while you pack, it makes a difference.

For me, I like to pack with a palette so that things are interchangeable and I can pack fewer shoes. I am not scared of washing clothes in the sink while I am skipping about Europe. I always have a cover up and pack in layer, not only for warmth, but I am a messy eating so having something to cover up a tell tale spot.

For this trip coming up for Brazil, we are gone for 10 days.

Here is my brain storm of facts
Tropical Weather = Sun dresses
Wedding = Formal-ish wear
Lots of walking = good, worn in shoes
Don't know the language = clothes that don't look tooooooooo touristy in a less prosperous country as to not be a target of pickpockets
Staying with friends = can do laundry!

Here is what ended up on my Excel Spreadsheet of packing:
Clothes
4 sundresses - all either blue or white color palettes (white is
1 cover up
1 cocktail dress
3 unmentionables
1 bra
2 swimsuits
1 tan cardigan
1 leggings
2 tanks
1 shower shoes
1 heels
2 walking shoes (it is rainy while we are there and I hate soggy shoes)
1 raincoat
1 thermal
1 sweatshirt
3 socks
1 set of PJs

Electronics and Entertainment
Kindle
Iphone/pod
Micro USB cord
Iphone cord
Paper backs (2-3)
Camera Bag
USB stick for photo back up
SD Card Reader
3 SD cards
DSLR
DSLR Extra Battery and Charger
Portrait Lens
Zoom Lens
Lens Filters
Electric Converter
Point and Click Camera?
AA Charger ?
AA Batteries ?
Headphones
Extra Battery pack to charge USB devices

Sun Protection
Sunglasses 2
Hat with Brim 1
Sunblock 2
Bug Repellent 1

Make up
Concealer 1
Foundation 1
powder 1
Chap stick 1
Blush 1
Mascara 1
Eyeliner 1
Eye shadow 1
Eyelash curler 1
Lip liner 1 
Lip stick 1
Lip stain 1

Toiletries
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Floss
Shampoo
Conditioner
Lotion
Deodorant
Makeup remover/face wash

Med Kit
Multi Vitamins
Folic Acid
B/C Pills
Benedryl 
Tums
Alka Selzter
Pepto Bismol
Allergy Pills
Mucanex
Asprin (low dose)
Ibuprofen
Acetaminophen
Dramamine
Tweezers
Bandaids
Neosporane
Antiseptic
Eye drops
Afrin
Hand Sanitizer
Sanitizing Wipes

Other
Jewelry
Purse
2 Pens
2 Pencils
Notebook 


Rarely when I travel to a bring a formal outfit or my full make up bag, but this trip is definitely a change of pace. Fortunately, I don't have to pack too many layers as the weather, though rainy, will be warm 24/7. 

I feel like I have over packed. I will let you know when I return home!


Until the next trip...


**Today's title comes from an interview with George R.R. Martin with the full quote reading: When the writing is going really well, whole days and weeks go by, and I suddenly realize I have these unpaid bills and, my God, I haven't unpacked, and the suitcase has been sitting there for three weeks.**

No comments:

Post a Comment