Friday, December 13, 2013

Sumbitches...These cookies are good!

I like TV. I have noticed in my older age that I actually enjoy keeping up with shows. Probably because of the magic of streaming, I can binge watch shows. Anyway, the show How I Met Your Mother has kept my attention, as well as most of America's. In a recent episode, the character Lily meets Ted's future wife on the train and introduces her to the perfect cookie, lovingly called: Sumbitches. 

These gems consist of peanut butter, chocolate, and caramel. All the good things. I google searched a recipe and out of the two I found I tried the recipe following.

Sumbitches Cookies
Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
36 bite size chocolate covered caramel candy bars (in my case, Dove Dark Chocolate Blisses. though rolos might have been a better choice.) 
Method
Beat together first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer.
Add eggs, vanilla and beat until blended
Stir together flour and the next two ingredients in a small bowl.
Add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Start unwrapping all the caramels while the dough chills.
Shape about 2 tablespoons of dough around the mini candy bar, using lightly floured hands and roll into balls.
Place about 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 13 - 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.




While the looks amazing, the majority of these cookies didn't stay in one piece. Either the candies need a thicker coating of peanut butter cookie dough or I need to use smaller bite size candies (or chop up my larger candies) and make these cookies like chocolate chip cookies (more probable as I have another BAG of caramels).

 So much sugar, so little time. 

Until the next dessert...


**Today's title comes from How I Met Your Mother The Locket Episode. I am not going to type out the whole conversation. Just watch the episode. It is really good. **

1 comment: