Saturday, December 14, 2013

BFMH: Honey Cloud Cakes

So this morning I made Honey Cloud Cakes. It turned out very nice. My only concern is that the only oven proof frying pan I own is my cast iron which really is too big for the order below, let only the half order I actually prepared this morning. (Husband and I are both sick and don't feel like eating much).

Anyway here is the recipe:
Honey Cloud Cakes Recipe
Ingredients:
2 large egg and 2 egg white (room temperature)
1/2 cup warmed milk
1/2 cup flour
2 pinch salt
4 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoon butter
For Garnish: soft fruits and honey
Method:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
Preheat an oven proof frying pan in oven while it heats
Beat egg white until it is white and peaky
Make batter in another bowl by combine egg, flour, salt, honey, and vanilla.
Whisk in warm milk.
Gently fold the egg white into batter with a metal spoon.
Remove frying pan from oven
Melt one tablespoon of butter in hot pan over the stove top.
Pour batter in and cook until edges are set.
Garish with fruit and bake for 7 minutes until puffed and golden.
Drizzle with honey and enjoy!



It was very nice and light. Perfect for a winter day with a high of 80!! Yeah, I know, DUMB!
But I can't control the weather so I can't be too upset about it as it could be worse.

Lots of love to all the people snowed in or freezing their butts off. I'm going to sundress up and make the most of this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment