Wednesday, December 18, 2013

That's a known fact of science.

What time is it?

Crockpot time!

This afternoon at my lunch, I threw in some chicken boobies cubed up with a bit of my homemade turkey stock (because I didn't have quite enough salsa on hand), 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 an onion chopped, a tsp of cumin, a tablespoon of minced jalapeno, and a jar of salsa (and a few throws of hot sauce because us Golomskis like our food spicy). Let it cook on low for 4 hours. Then I shredded up the chicken with a fork and enjoyed on a cauliflower tortilla (aka a low carb tortilla).

"But how do I make cauliflower tortillas" you ask? Remember how I told you about how to "snow" cauliflower? That is pretty much a way to make caliFLOUR. Hehehe, you see what I did there?

Here is the in depth recipe for those as found on my Pinterest Board!
Ingredients
1 head of cauliflower, snowed and wrung "the heck" out
3-4 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 teaspoon of crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon of Mexican seasonings
Method
Preheat oven to 375
Mix all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Wring out the snowed cauliflower will make or break this so don't rush that process.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Put mixture in small circles on the parchment paper. It is most important to spread the batter evenly!
Bake for 15-17 minutes, then flip and give them 2 more minutes.
Make ahead if you would like and then brown in a pan to reheat. (Browning helps by giving them a crispy edge and slightly nutty flavor as well)


Until the next meal...


**Today's title is from Maureen Johnson's The Madness Underneath. The full quote: Spicy food and I have a close relationship - an obsessive one, in fact. It it's spicy, I want it. I want to sweat and shake and go half blind from the searing pain...which, now that I put it that way, seems really suggestive. But spicy stuff is addictive. That's a known fact of science. **


No comments:

Post a Comment