Thursday, August 7, 2014

If Tuna is the Chicken of the Sea, then Chicken is the Tuna of the Land.



Husband dislikes mayo. Not to say he won't eat something made with it, but he can't know that it is in there or taste it. I make due with Greek Yogurt and Lemon juice to supplement the creaminess and then sharp flavor and thus far, it has been working out great. Until I decided to make Tuna Salad. Tuna Salad really is the only thing that I like Mayo in. I am not a huge fan of mayo either, but there are some things that just need a little kick of it. So I came up with a recipe that I deemed great for my taste buds and Husbands.

Cat's Husband Friendly Avocado Tuna Salad

Ingredients
3 cans of tuna, packed in water, drained
1 avocado, chopped
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup red onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup shopped carrot
1 roasted Serrano pepper, deseeded and chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 teaspoons of Mayo (we don't keep it in the house, so individual packets from Disneyland were used)
Combine all the above ingredients. Then add Greek yogurt, until desired consistency is achieved. I think I used about 1/2 -3/4 of a cup. Serve in a wrap or on a lettuce bed.


As Husband is not low carb right now, he had his in a wrap and was well satiated. 





I rocked out the good old Lettuce boats for this one.




This turned out nicely. I think it could have used just some lime or lemon to give it a kick in the seat, it was light yet filling, perfect for lunch. Try it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment