Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I'm sorry I messed up your barbeque.

Best part of summer.....? Barbeques!! 

Specifically, corn. I love corn. No nutritional value, but so much delicious. 

Roasted Corn with Cilantro Lime Pesto!
Ingrediants:

  • Corn on the Cob
  • 1/2 Cup Cilantro leaves, large stems removed
  • 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
  • Garlic clove chopped finely
  • 1 tsp. Kosher salt
  • 1 tsp. Black pepper
  • 1/4 Cup Vegetable oil
  • 1/4 Cup Olive oil
  • 1/4 Cup Butter (leave out for vegan)

Instructions

  1. 1. Peel back the husks of the corn, keeping them attached. Remove the silk, then fold the husks back over the corn. Soak the corn in cold water for 10 minutes. 2. Preheat one grate of a well-oiled charcoal or gas grill to medium-high and another to high. 3. Place the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor or in a blender and blend. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oils. Set aside. 4. Place the corn, still covered by the husk, on the medium-high grate. Cook for 3 minutes, then turn to the other side, and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the grill, peel back the husk, return to the high grate to cook the corn on all sides, turning as need for 5 to 7 minutes. Allow corn to cool a little, then rub a little butter on each, and finally, spread the pesto over just before serving.


I loved this! I think it could have used another clove of garlic, and maybe have it roasted a bit instead of just raw.

Until the next cookout...


**Today's title comes from The Simpsons: Lisa: I still stand by my beliefs. But I can't defend what I did. I'm sorry I messed up your barbeque.
Homer: I understand honey. I used to believe in things when I was a kid.**

No comments:

Post a Comment